Something About Company
VIT has made a mark in the field of higher education in India by providing quality education on par with international standards, through its 35 years of existence in a cross-cultural ambiance with extensive application-oriented research. VIT was founded in 1984 by Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government, as a self-financing institution called Vellore Engineering College. Since then, the institution has grown from strength to strength. Conferred as Deemed to be university in 2001 by MHRD, VIT Currently offers UG, PG and Research programs to over 43,000 students in its four campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amaravati.
VIT Chennai is a globally engaged, competitive, comprehensive and research-enriched university campus strategically positioned in the capital city of Tamil Nadu, to respond to major industrial, social, economic and environmental demands and challenges. VIT Chennai is ably spearheaded by Dr. Sekar Viswanathan, Vice President, Dr. Anand A. Samuel, Vice-Chancellor and Dr. V. S. Kanchana Bhaaskaran, Pro Vice-Chancellor of VIT Chennai. They share in the mission to make VIT a global center. The focus is to:
- To maximize the Industrial connectivity
- To create Centres of Excellence in contemporary areas of research
- To enrich Technological and Managerial Human Capital nurtured in a multicultural ambience
- To provide a common platform for the agglomeration of ideas of personnel from various walks of life for learning enrichment
- To create opportunities and exploit the available resources to benefit industry/society
- To encourage participation in the National Agenda of knowledge building
- To foster international collaborations for mutual benefits in areas of research.